Meal A Day serves lunch for $2 a plate 10-11:30 a.m. at Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center, 150 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. The menu for the week of Oct. 12-16 includes:
• Monday — Chicken broccoli and rice casserole with carrots and pickled beets.
• Tuesday — Sliced ham with macaroni and cheese, spinach and a roll
• Wednesday — Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans and a roll
• Thursday — Chicken and dumplings with tossed salad and crackers
• Friday — Chili cheese dogs with Fritos and coleslaw
Meal A Day is always interested in accepting new volunteers for various jobs to keep the program going. For more information about volunteering, to sign someone up to receive meals or find out more about the Meal A Day Program, contact Karon Weatherman at 903-885-1661.