Meal A Day serves lunch for $2 a plate 10-11:30 a.m. at Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center, 150 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. The menu for the week of Sept. 21-25 includes:
• Monday — Shepherd's pie with broccoli and a roll
• Tuesday — Sweet and sour chicken and rice with egg rolls and Oriental vegetables
• Wednesday — Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans and a roll
• Thursday — Rope sausage with blackeyed peas, cornbread and green tomato relish
• Friday — Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion, and chips
Meal A Day is always interested in accepting new volunteers for various jobs to keep the program going. For more information about volunteering, to sign someone up to receive meals or find out more about the Meal A Day Program, contact Karon Weatherman at 903-885-1661.