Music Legacy Lives On

Subhead

McKay's expands inventory under new ownership

Recently renamed McKay’s Band House carries a variety of acoustic and electric guitars, as well as school instruments and sound equipment. Staff photos by Tammy Vinson
McKay’s Music Company is under new ownership, but the store’s legacy will live on following the name change. The store has served musicians in Northeast Texas since it was established in 1954 with original owners Kenneth and Billie McKay. Bob and Sandra Cartwright took over in 1980, followed by James and Denise Coffman in 1999. Chad Causey of Bossier City, Louisiana, bought the Sulphur Springs…

Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or go here to purchase a subscription.