CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs has updated their visitor policy Tuesday morning.
According to Holly Ragan, senior market development for CHRISTUS-Sulphur Springs, issued in a statement the following in an effort to “protect our patients, physicians and/or associates. Measures implemented, such as visitor restrictions and screenings, are "to minimize the risk of infectious disease transmission," the statement reads.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
- Visitation hours will be 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- An essential caregiver may be allowed to remain overnight with approval from the charge nurse.
- Visitors must complete the Visitor Screening Tool.
- Visitors must have a normal temperature.
- Patients and/or families should designate a point-person to communicate within the family about the patient’s status so as not to overwhelm the phone system.
- Hospital security and associates may limit patient visitation.
The main lobby entrance will be open 6 a.m.-5 p.m., and the Emergency Department entrance will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, both with clinical staff posted.
Anyone exhibiting any of the symptoms presented in the screening are asked to contact their primary care provider or call the CHRISTUS COVID hotline at 800-458-4559.