The Hopkins County Commissioners Court approved dates for county clean-up days later this month during Monday’s regular meeting.
All four precinct barns will be accepting debris 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, May 29 and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 30, rain or shine.
Those dropping off unwanted items should bring a driver’s license or utility bill to prove they are Hopkins County residents.
Restricted items include:
• Household hazardous waste,
• Batteries or
• Appliances containing freon.
County barns will accept debris on these specific dates only. Household trash is not accepted at all.
Barn addresses and phone numbers are:
• Precinct 1 Barn (Commissioner Mickey Barker): 5516 State Highway 19 south, Sulphur Springs, 903-485-2040;
• Precinct 2 Barn (Commissioner Greg Anglin): 12080 State Highway 11 east, Como, 903-488-3514;
• Precinct 3 Barn (Commissioner Wade Bartley): 583 County Road 3564, Dike, 903-945-2178; and
• Precinct 4 Barn (Commissioner Joe Price): FM 2563 in Cumby, approximately 1.7 miles from State Highway 11 west.