Cumby traffic stop leads to arrest
A 61-year-old Nashville, Arkansas man was arrested during a traffic stop at 12:43 a.m. Friday on Interstate 30 west at mile marker 112 on a charge of driving while license suspended or invalid. The man was reportedly stopped for speeding and having no license plate light.
During contact with Cumby Police officer Sgt. Ray Embro, the man reportedly exited the vehicle without being instructed to do so. Sgt. Embro reportedly detected a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the man’s breath.
Embro obtained consent to search the vehicle, but reportedly found no contraband. He then conducted standard field sobriety tests on the man, who allegedly passed two out of the three tests.
A records check revealed the man’s driver’s license was invalid. He was released later that day with one additional citation and a written warning, according to arrest and jail reports.
• A complainant reported her neighbor’s dogs are not contained and come at the complainant aggressively at a residence on County Road 2322 in Como at 10:38 a.m. Thursday;
• Report of a neighbor’s dog barking all the time on County Road 3355 at 1:04 p.m. Thursday;
• Report of stray dogs running around the neighborhood on County Road 1218 at 3 p.m. Thursday;
• A Como woman reported someone keeps taking her dog for a drive at 8:26 p.m. Thursday; and
• Cows on FM 2560 at County Road 1436 at 10:03 p.m. Thursday.