Meth pipe discovery leads to arrest
Rachell Ford Madison, 51, of Sulphur Springs was arrested at 1:28 a.m. Sunday during a traffic stop in the 700 block of Freeman Street on a charge of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.
Madison was the driver of a vehicle reportedly stopped for an equipment violation.
She reportedly exited the vehicle upon stopping and walked around to the passenger side of the vehicle. The officer reportedly noticed an object sticking out of Madison’s rear pants pocket as she walked. He reportedly began speaking with her as she walked back to the driver’s side and noticed the object was missing from Madison’s pocket.
The officer reportedly walked around to the passenger side of the vehicle and allegedly observed a glass suspected methamphetamine smoking pipe on the ground partially covered with tree leaves. Bond was set at $10,000, and Madison remained in custody as of press time Monday, according to arrest and jail reports.
• Report of motor vehicle accident with vehicle striking a deer on State Highway 154 south at 11:13 a.m. Saturday;
• Black bull on FM 69 south at FM 269 south in Como at 1:59 p.m. Sunday. The bull was reported out again in the same location at 4:33 p.m. and again at 5:20 p.m. Sunday;
• Horse on State Highway 19 south at 2:31 p.m. Sunday;
• Goats on State Highway 11 west at County Road 4731 at 3:42 p.m. Sunday;
• Cows on Interstate 30 east at mile marker 116 at 4:31 p.m. Sunday; and
• Black cow on County Road 4759 at 7:06 p.m. Sunday.